Op zoek naar de Nederlandstalige-versie?
- A sore throat will normally get better on its own within 10 days.
- It is often caused by a cold virus.
- Drinking cold water regularly can ease the pain.
- Sucking on a sweet can also ease the pain.
- For severe pain, take enough paracetamol at set times.
- Antibiotics usually do not help against a sore throat. They also have disadvantages. Read more about use of medication in the Netherlands.
- Sometimes a sore throat can be caused by coronavirus. See coronavirus (in Dutch).
- Dutch healthcare practices in general may differ from what you are used to in your home country. Learn more.