Op zoek naar de Nederlandstalige-versie?
- Cholesterol is important for the body.
- Your body produces it itself and absorbs it from food.
- High cholesterol is not a disease. It does not cause any symptoms.
- High cholesterol can make your blood vessels narrower.
- High cholesterol therefore increases the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- A healthy lifestyle can help lower high cholesterol.
- Sometimes medication is necessary too.
- Dutch healthcare practices in general may differ from what you are used to in your home country. Learn more.